As a member of a software development team responsible for delivering and supporting high visibility, high performing and scalable solutions addressing mission-critical threat assessment needs throughout the Enterprise, you will be directly responsible for:
- Managing the operations, maintenance, and assessment of Production systems operating in virtual environments across multiple DoD networks
- Managing systems administration, installation, automation, maintenance, backup, and restoration for a completely virtualized architecture
- Developing strategies for system scale, security, monitoring, backup, and recovery
- Supporting the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of applications and solutions built primarily using open-source technologies; to include systems level integration, verification, validation, testing, demonstration, functional and performance analysis, and troubleshooting
- Managing database operations and maintenance; data storage, retrieval, flow; and analysis in support of an enterprise level, multi-user, big data aggregation, analysis, and reporting system using Postgres
- Ensuring compliance with all DOD standards, regulations, policies, and STIGS
- Identifying, defining, analyzing, and coordinating accreditation and security needs and constraints and translating them into technical requirements and documentation
- Managing the development, review, endorsement, and maintenance of applicable certifications and accreditations.
- Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems
- Supporting the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications and solutions built primarily using open-source technologies
- Providing direct technical guidance and client support; and other tasks as needed/as directed
The ideal candidate will be a driven team player that thrives in a small team environment and has a “can do” attitude. This candidate should be an exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis, abstract reasoning, software engineering, and technical documentation. This candidate should have a strong sense of observation and the ability to translate observations into technical solutions. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the DoD Risk Management Framework (DoDRMF) and have a demonstrated proficiency with supporting the planning, development, and maintenance of high performing scalable systems leveraging open-source technologies while adhering to all DoD standards, regulations, policies, and directives.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Active 8570 IAT II Certification (Security+ or CISSP preferred)
- Ability to Work in SCIF 100%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Math, or related discipline
- 5+ Years’ experience managing the operations and maintenance of applications deployed across multiple DoD environments
- 3+ Years’ Systems Administration experience in a production environment with RedHat Enterprise Linux System
- Experience writing, modifying, automating, and executing scripts (Python, Shell, Batch, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with both Cloud and System Administration concepts (preferably AWS and RHEL)
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills for determining root causes of failures
- Experience with deployment and maintenance of custom software packages (preferably Java)
- Demonstrated proficiency with DoD Risk Management Framework (DoDRMF) processes and concepts
- Ability to create, edit, and manage configuration documentation and Body of Evidence for assessments
- Familiarity with implementing OS, application, and database DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience with EMass and/or Xacta
- Strong coordination, organizational and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively execute tasks, resolve issues, and meet challenging schedules
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Math, or related discipline
- Systems Engineering Related Certifications
- Project/Program Management experience (PMP preferred)
- Experience with Agile software lifecycle development
- Database administration and/or database programming experience (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with data analytics and/or automation of system administration processes
- Previous experience briefing executive level decision makers
- TS/SCI security clearance required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
If you do not have LinkedIn, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.