A3 Consulting LLC is seeking a Software Test Engineer to join our team. The candidate must possess knowledge of the SDLC and STLC and have previous experience working in an Agile Methodology Environment. The Software Test Engineer will also work closely with other team members and report results to the Project Team and Managers.
Job Experience Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have experience performing Frontend and Backend Testing in Quality Assurance and Software Testing of various business applications including UNIX, Mainframe environments, Web based and Client/Server applications.
- The candidates must have working knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC). Defect Life Cycle, Waterfall and Agile Methodology
- Experience in determining Level of Effort (LOE) on all assigned Testing Tasks to include all required deliverables.
- Experience in analyzing Business/Technical Requirements as well as /User Story documents to understand functionality and determine Testability of the requirements/ User Stories.
- Experience in Writing, Executing, Maintaining and Reviewing Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Procedures.
- Experience working with the Development Teams during the Design Phase to review and validate Flow Charts, Screens, Windows and Reports.
- Experience in Creating and Reviewing rigorous, repeatable and detailed Test Cases and Test Scripts to include Boundary, Negative and Parallel Test Scenarios in the JIRA Add-Ons such as Zephyr or equivalent Test Management tools, JIRA Workflow, Structure –Issue Organizer.
- Experience performing System Integration and End to End testing.
- Experience in Reviewing/Creating/Modifying Data Scenarios to fit the Test Cases/Scenarios.
- Experience Creating and Reviewing Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience Creating and Coordinating Test Readiness Review (TRR).
- Experience Executing Test Cases; Create Defects in JIRA Add-Ons such as Zephyr or other equivalent Test Management tool, JIRA Misc Workflow and Structure -Issue Organizer to Generate Test Analysis/Defect Reports for Project Teams and Management.
- Experience working with Project Teams to retest and resolve Defects; Communicate Test Team results and report to the Project Team, Managers and Users.
- Experience in assisting Users during User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience participating in Agile Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Retrospective, Backlog grooming and Sprint Review.
|Required Skills||Desired Skills|
|Database & Tools, Oracle, SQL Tool such as DBVisualizer, TOAD, SQL Explorer||Database & Tools: ADABAS (“Adaptable Data BAse Systems”), DB2|
|O/S: Windows NT, 7, 10, Linux, Mainframe||Excel Macros & ACCESS to Improve Testing & Generation of Reports|
|Applications: Microsoft Office, MS Project, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Textpad||Creating XML Test Data & Understanding of XML|
|Test Tools: Test Management Tool such as Add-Ons such as Zephyr or equivalent Test Management tool; JIRA or equivalent Requirements Management tool||Test Tools: Structure – The Issue Organizer, Xporter- Export Issues, JIRA Capture, Importer; ACTIVE MQ, Excedium|
|Automation Tools: WinMerge Tool, Ability to execute scripts in automation test tools||Automation & Performance Test Tools: SILKTEST, Test Studio, Selenium, Load Runner, Silk Performer; SOAP UI|
|Requirements Management (RM) Tool such as JIRA;||SOAP UI Tools; Experience with Batch Applications; Application Security and Report Validation|
|Browser: IE11, Firefox, Chrome||Create and Execute automation scripts
|Proficient in Test & Software Development Life Cycle|
|Create, Identify and execute Regression Test Cases.|
|Experience testing Desktop and Web applications|
|Experience with User Interface Standards|
|Work in an Agile Methodology Environment||Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Certified Product Owner (CPO); Certified System Test Engineer (CSTE)|
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
A3 believes in Equal Opportunity Employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone.