A3 is looking for a Senior IT Project Manager to join our talented and passionate team. The ideal candidate will have experience overseeing the project management life cycle; designing and driving project plans; maintaining project schedules; managing tasks, issues and risks; facilitating meetings; communicating updates; and managing project budgets for a variety of IT projects. The candidate must understand federal government clients and the issues they face and have a track record of bringing proven methodologies to bring lasting impact.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Provide support and oversight to project sponsors and managers in managing their projects
- Proactively build relationships with stakeholders and other contractors
- Provides regular communication to project teammates, executives, and senior management regarding project status, budget, risks, decisions, delivery quality, and resource-related issues using appropriate monitoring tools and techniques
- Lead strategic discussions and provide project management support, advice and support to project sponsors and federal managers
- Develop detailed work breakdown schedules within MS Project to track milestones tasks and resource allocation to meet project deadlines
- Lead interagency meetings, document and disseminate meeting notes and action items
- Provide support as an interagency IT Transition liaison, perform periodic project analysis and report status of IT projects
- Identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Utilizes Agile project management techniques to efficiently deliver projects within budget with all requisite features and functionality on schedule
Required Qualifications include:
- Active Secret Clearance
- At least 10+ years of experience managing projects using the software development lifecycle (SDLC), Agile/Scrum development methodology and project management lifecycle required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to quickly produce clearly written, well-organized documentation; excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Experience leading a team to deliver solutions
- Proven comprehension of technology and ability to speak and understand in technical terms
- Experience working in Waterfall, Scrum or Agile environments
- Ability to apply project management knowledge to real world scenarios
- Active PMP Certification preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
A3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone.