A3 Consulting LLC is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Proposal Manager to join our team in Washington, DC. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the proposal process, including the overall management, planning, drafting, and delivery. Candidates who standout will be ones who understand compliance and deliver persuasive proposals that are tailored to both current and prospective customers. The Proposal Manager will also work closely with other functions of the company (e.g., Executives, Subject Matter Experts, Business Development Leads, and Editors) with an eye for efficiency, effectiveness, and applying best practices.
• Manage the lifecycle proposal development process from pre-solicitation activities to contract award
• Review and analyze solicitation materials and ensure proposal compliance and responsiveness to client requirements and issues
• Develop proposal artifacts including: proposal plan, outlines, compliance matrices, storyboards, schedules, data calls, page allocation, themes, discriminators; etc.
• Transform company growth strategy, win strategies, and solutions into highly-competitive proposal documents that are compelling to the evaluator’s perspective
• Work with the Capture Manager to lead all critical milestones in the proposal process including: kickoff, color reviews and working group meetings
• Write and edit proposal content and collaborate with the design team to develop graphics, tables, and charts
• Monitor and measure proposal progress and completion status
• Facilitate the use of a standard process across Federal proposals and contribute to internal process improvement initiatives
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Minimum of five years of experience leading Federal proposals, preferably within a professional services firm or similar environment
• In-depth knowledge of how to analyze a solicitation and structure a proposal to be compliant, responsive, and competitive
• Understanding of the Government contracting and procurement process
• Understanding of Shipley Business Development Lifecycle process
• Ability to motivate and energize a team to produce a winning proposal
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people who possess a variety of skills, experience and personalities
• Ability to independently write proposal content is desirable
• Excellent time management, organization skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• U.S. citizenship is required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
A3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone.