The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) 8(a) STARS III Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is a multiple-award indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity (MA-ID/IQ) contract designed to provide federal agencies with innovative information technology (IT) services-based solutions from award-winning 8(a) small businesses. Using 8(a) STARS III will enable you to access 8(a) firms through an established contract vehicle instead of traditional open-market methods – saving time and taxpayer money.
The scope of the 8(a) STARS III GWAC is centered on North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code 541512 but may include other NAICS codes that are predominately IT services. These may include, but are not limited to, 541511, 541513, 541519, and 518210. The contract offers IT services ranging from simple to complex and services-based solutions such as IT help-desk support, information assurance, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, and more.
In addition to the general IT services scope, 8(a) STARS III includes two focused scope sub-areas: Emerging Technologies (ET) and OCONUS Place of Performance. 8(a) STARS III prime contractors in the ET scope sub-area have experience providing evolving state-of-the-art emerging technologies such as technological convergence, robotic process automation, autonomic computing, and more. Prime contractors in the OCONUS scope sub-area have experience providing IT services in an Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) location.
- $50 billion program ceiling and five-year base period with one three-year option
- Sole-source task orders up to the 8(a) competitive threshold
- Two focused scope sub-areas
- Ancillary services and/or equipment are permitted when integral and necessary to the IT services-based solution
- Access to exceptionally qualified 8(a) small-business industry partners
- Pre-competed, easy-to-use contract with streamlined ordering procedures based on FAR 16.505
- Complimentary scope compatibility reviews
- No protests on orders under $10 million, except on the grounds that the order increases the scope, period, or maximum value of the GWAC
- Contract access fee for the 8(a) STARS III GWAC is .75%, the same as GSA Schedules
Adeniyi Adeyiga, Program Manager
For More Information: www.gsa.gov/stars3