As a member of a fast-paced software development team, this candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of high visibility, high performing, and scalable solutions addressing mission-critical threat assessment needs throughout the DoD Enterprise. He/she will be directly responsible for:
- Supporting the Program Manager in leading and managing multiple teams of systems engineers and administrators in the development and sustainment of multiple related Enterprise systems
- Support all phases of the Software/Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Working closely with multiple DoD customers providing technical guidance, documentation, and presentation support as needed for all supported efforts
- Providing direct technical guidance and support to both the development and sustainment teams as necessary
- Conducting analysis and review of existing GOTS/COTS software and providing recommendations as needed
- Support Certification & Accreditation efforts for all supported systems as necessary
- Attend meetings, demo custom software, capture requirements, and serve as a technical representative for all supported systems as needed
- Drafting and maintenance of documentation, presentations, reports, and other deliverables as needed
- Others as needed/as directed.
The ideal candidate will be a driven team player that thrives in a small team environment. This candidate should be an exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis and abstract reasoning. This candidate should have a strong sense of observation and the ability to translate observations into technical solutions. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the Agile development methodologies and have a demonstrated proficiency with managing the development of high performing scalable systems leveraging open source technologies while adhering to all DoD standards, regulations, policies, and directives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Technical Field or Equivalent Experience
- 10 years of experience with software design patterns and effective development methodologies
- 10 years of experience with Programming, Software Design, Debugging, Analysis, and Problem Solving
- 10 years of experience developing, maintaining, supporting, and managing commercial-grade software applications
- 5+ years of experience with multithreading and real-time software architectures
- 5+ years of experience producing architectural designs, requirements, and documentation for team consumption
- 5+ years of experience managing and/or development of enterprise web applications using any or all of:
- Spring Framework, including Spring Boot, MVC, Security, Data; etc.
- Hibernate and/or JPA
- Oracle or other RDBMS
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and other modern software design principles
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Technical Field or Equivalent Experience
- PMP Certification
- ITIL v3 Certification
- DOD 8570 Compliance
- Working knowledge of Insider Threat policy, concepts, and issues
- Experience with Insider Threat in the DoD
- Willingness and drive to follow and keep abreast of industry best practices, patterns, and methodologies
- Passion for delivering high quality software, to constantly strive for improvement, and take ownership in the product
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills to include regularly and proactively collaborating with teammates
- Experience and comfort working on site in close collaboration with the Government (both technical and non-technical)
- Ability to translate technical discussions and requirements into non-technical dialog and vice versa
- Experience providing technical support in a fast-paced operational environment
- Experience supporting rich internet applications and PKI/CAC enabled systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with DOD/IC Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and concepts (IPAT, ASDS, DIACAP, DISA STIGs, etc.)
- TS/SCI security clearance required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
If you do not have LinkedIn, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.