We are seeking a data minded Cloud Systems Engineer who is excited to tackle data challenges related to national security. This person will be motivated to work on data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and extracting valuable analytics from a multitude of data sources.
- Leverage Amazon Web Services to build scalable data infrastructure
- Extract intelligence and analytics from a variety of data sources
- Work with technologies such as Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Docker and Swarm
- Design and build data services for consumption by clients and other services
- Academic degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, etc.);
- 3+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment
- 3+ years of Linux experience of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
- 3+ years of experience with system administrative scripting. (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Ability to work outside normal business hours on rare occasions for emergency maintenance
- Experience implementing security best practices in production environments
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT development and automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Nexus, Jenkins, Gitlab etc)
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Support mission-focused infrastructure to ensure performance and availability of system and environment
- Schedule and coordinate system maintenance activities to reduce impact to production environment
- Test changes in development environment before application in production environment
- Experience with AWS infrastructure management and scaling
- Willing to learn new technologies and share knowledge with the team
- Interested in identifying areas of improvement and ways to continually improve the systems
- Interested in containerized workloads and microservices
- Interested in scaling systems on AWS
- Database administration (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, ElasticSearch)
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
- Experience with administration of LDAP
- TS Clearance with eligibility for SCI access
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
If you do not have LinkedIn, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.