Within The Department of State’s Information Resource Management (IRM) Bureau’s Messaging Systems Office (MSO), the Messaging Design (MD) Division seeks an experienced Systems Engineer to independently and collaboratively perform systems engineering tasks in support of five (5) applications in an unclassified and classified environment. The ideal candidate will research and evaluate products and services; identify ways to integrate new products and services into the existing environment; collect and translate requirements from customer into solutions to fill needs; perform duties as assigned (i.e., validate server status, update, patch management); and coordinate with other teams to ensure system maintenance. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter capable of working efficiently, reliably, and independently under short suspense timelines. The candidate will also assist by embodying and promoting standard operating procedures for the Systems Engineering team to ensure consistency and compliance with standards and best practices.
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience
- 2-3+ years of Azure experience
- Experience working with Government clients, systems, and applications
- Highly-motivated professional capable of managing demanding workload and competing priorities
- Self-starter with the ability to gather input from stakeholders and execute independently
- Demonstrates attention to detail, efficient and disciplined work approach, excellent communication skills with a high level of integrity and leadership
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and multi-tasking abilities
Experience with industry standards, services, and environments including but not limited to: Azure SQL, Azure DevOps, Azure Storage; Microsoft 365, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Server (2016 or later), Active Directory DNS, SSL, Firewalls (Palo Alto), IDE applications, Visual Studios, VS Codes, Scripting Language (PowerShell).
- Support the US Department of States’ Information Resource Management (IRM) team to plan and facilitate network optimization and improvements from Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, and Redundancy focal points.
- Provide advanced technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications for both on-premises and cloud-based environments
- Provide administrative, integration and implementation support for multiple concurrent initiatives using hyperconverged infrastructure technologies, MS Azure Commercial and Government Cloud infrastructure and platforms.
- Utilize Agile Project Management methodologies to execute project goals in a timely and efficient manner.
- Utilizes Azure DevOps for project management, collaboration, source control and Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery software and service deployment for multiple Dept. of State projects.
- Support programing research, development, and integration of cloud services including but not limted to Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Azure Key Vault, Azure HDInsight and many more.
- Provide consulting and advisory services to include but not limited to security recommendations, cost analysis, innovation trends, and more.
- Work with IT leaders to plan, operationalize, and sustain an agile approach to infrastructure
- Develop and update standards, documentation, processes and procedures tailored to the systems engineering team
- Daily responsibilities may include Account Creations in various environments, Outage Reporting, Applying Patches for 5 critical Applications, Applying Patches Across Enclaves, and other related engineering tasks
- A+, Network+, MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Associate)
- MCAAA (Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate)
- Cloud Services and Infrastructure
- Microsoft Azure Commercial Cloud, Microsoft Azure Government (MAG)
- Microsoft Azure DevOps Server & Service, M365
- Azure Data Lake, Databricks, Data Factory, Key Vault, HDInsight and many more
- VMware ESX 5.0 & up, vCenter Server
- Operating Systems and Servers
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1,10 (legacy versions included)
- Exchange 2010 & up, Exchange Online; MS Server 2008 & up
- MS SQL 2000 & up; MS SharePoint 2010 & up;
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 & up, WDS, WSUS
- Microsoft PowerBI Server
- Programs and Applications:
- MS Office,
- Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft VS Code, Azure Storage Explorer
- Communications and Management:
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory & Active Directory Domain Services
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP,SSL, TLS,
- RSA, Global Protect VPN
- Active Directory, PowerShell (Exchange, AD),
- Networking and Security
- Cisco Catalyst IOS, Routing and Switching; 3800, 9000, 4500, 6500 Series Routers/Switches,
- Cisco (IronPort) Email Security Appliance, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Palo Alto
- FortiMail, FortiGate, FortiAP, Symantec Endpoint Protection v12, 2012, Trend Micro ScanMail
- Microsoft Threat Management Gateway 2010; PKI, SSL/TLS, Encryption
If you do not have LinkedIn, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.