A3 Consulting LLC is seeking an Automation and Performance Test Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be proficient in Test & Software Development Life Cycle and have previous experience working in an Agile Methodology Environment.
Performance Testing Tasks:
- Work/Support Test teams across all projects with any performance test initiatives.
- Design and develop test plans/procedures for Performance Test based on analysis of the customer’s targeted production environment.
- Determine Level of Effort (LOE) on assigned Performance Testing tasks to include all required Deliverables.
- Analyze Business and Technical Requirements to include Interface, Business Rules, ETL and Batch Process related Requirements to understand the functionality and determine Testability of the requirements.
- Analyze and determine performance requirements (page load time, search, query response time, report generation time, etc.),
- When/if Performance requirements are not available, derive consensus from the project teams on:
- The maximum number of concurrent users and response time to be emulated, if requirements are not available.
- The type of performance tests to be executed (i.e. capacity, root cause investigation of performance issues, performance improvement).
- Work with System Integration Test Teams to:
- Understand functionality under test since they are the experts on the application
- Define commonly as well as frequently used end-user use cases to come up with the test scenarios to conduct performance testing.
- Create the system’s critical path.
- Understand the required data scenario needed to perform the different test scenarios
- Assist in resolving application issues (setup, error, timeout, etc.)
- Consult with the SIT team for support, input and feedback in facilitating/resolving performance issues.
- Create Performance Test Plan for the project
- Create test Data and environment to conduct full scale performance tests.
- Derive Performance Metrics to be collected,
- Capture, enhance, and modify load test scripts.
- Execute single User Load and multiple-user load tests.
- Perform Load/Volume Performance Test placing the system under planned virtual User Loads using a variety of User Scenarios designed to stimulate average daily usage.
- Conduct Stress Performance Testing which places the system under planned Virtual User Loads using a variety of User Scenarios designed to determine the system’s limit.
- Analyze performance test results and Summarize just-in-time test results,
- Identify, isolate system bottlenecks
- Manage software test environment
- Measure software responses to tests (Discovery Functions)
- Determine expected results of tests (Reference Functions)
- Evaluate report and analyze results (Evaluation Functions).
- Submit comprehensive reports.
- Incorporate Automation test results into the SIT Exit Review Documentation and participate in SIT EXIT Review meetings.
- Deliverable and process should support applicable project, agency and/or industry mandated standards.
- Support Users during User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as needed.
- Facilitate resolving user accounts and access issues.
- Communicate test results to Project Teams.
- Work/Support Test teams across all projects with any performance test initiatives any help/questions on performance testing
- In some cases, ensure successful production validation during postproduction deployments
Performance Testing Experience Requirements
- Personnel shall have experience performing Load/Volume Testing which places the system under planned virtual User Loads using a variety of User Scenarios designed to stimulate average daily usage.
- Personnel shall have experience performing Stress Testing which places the system under planned Virtual User Loads using a variety of User Scenarios designed to determine the system’s limit.
- Experience in determining Level of Effort (LOE) on assigned Performance Testing tasks to include all required Deliverables. Exposure to Writing and Reviewing Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Procedures for Front and Back-End related Requirements
- Experience in analyzing Business and Technical Requirements to include Interface, Business Rules, ETL and Batch Process related Requirements to understand the functionality and determine Testability of the requirements.
- Experience with Analysis to be able to determine performance requirements (page load time, search, query response time, report generation time, etc.), if requirements are unavailable.
- Experience working with the project teams to get consensus on the system requirements
- Experience working with the test teams to understand the functionality to determine test case scenario and data scenarios.
- Experience creating Performance Test Plan, Test Cases and Scripts
- Experience coordinating e and creating Data Scenarios to include Data Volume.
- Experience executing Performance Test Scripts.
- Experience capturing, enhancing, and modifying load test scripts.
- Experience executing single User Load and multiple-user load tests.
- Experience performing Load/Volume and Stress Performance Test placing the system under planned virtual User Loads using a variety of User Scenarios designed to stimulate average daily usage and Stress Limit.
- Experience coordinating and ensuring stability of Environment
- Experience Identifying performance bottlenecks in applications in a shared environment
- Experience executing Performance Testing as each new application is added to the test environment, so Performance Tests is run on functionality including previously implemented functionality.
- Experience with the use of Silk Performer Diagnostics (Dynatrace) and/or other Diagnostic tools to allow for immediate, detailed, and highly-granular information on the performance of individual components in the application thereby transforming the troubleshooting process from “black box” to “white box”.
Testers shall have experience with Test Management, Requirements Management Tools, Database, software languages etc.
|Required Skill||Desired Skill|
|Database & Tools: Oracle or SQL Server, SQL Tool such as SQL Explorer, TOAD or DB Visualizer||Database & Tools: ADABAS (“Adaptable Data BAse Systems”), DB2|
|Languages Object Oriented methodologies, Java, VB.Net, VB Scripting, Java, HTML, Web focus, UNIX, XML, SQL scripting, Microsoft Visual Studio||Languages COBOL II, CICS, JCL, Natural and SAS, PL/SQL , Advanced SQL scripting, C#, C++, Java Scripting ,ACTIVE MQ, Cucumber, JUNIT, NUNIT|
|O/S: Windows NT, 7, 10, Mainframe||Linux, Knowledge of web and OS security, firewalls|
|Applications: Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Text pad||Applications/Misc.: MS Project, Visio, Power Point Presentation, Exceedium, Access|
|Tools: JIRA or equivalent, GIT or equivalent, Jenkins; Serena Dimensions or equivalent||Test Management Tool such JIRA Add-Ons such as Zephyr, synapseRT NextGen, JIRA Workflow, Structure – The Issue Organizer, Xporter- Export Issues, JIRA Capture, Importer|
|Performance Tools: LoadRunner||Winmerge or equivalent Tool, Selenium, Excel Macros, Blaze Meter; SharePoint|
|System Architecture Knowledge|
|Proficient in Test & Software Development life Cycle and Excellent Coordination Skills||Experience with User Interface Standards
|Analytical & Detailed Oriented|
|Experience testing Desktop and Web applications||Experience with writing .NET Classes and creating JAVA packages|
|Experience working in DEV OPS Environment||Experience with using SOAP UI Tools|
|Experience working in an Agile Methodology Environment
|Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Certified Product Owner (CPO); Certified System Test Engineer (CSTE)|
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
A3 believes in Equal Opportunity Employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination. We are committed to providing an inclusive and