A3 Consulting LLC (A3) is looking for a passionate Agile Coach to help our clients, as well as A3, transform the way they deliver. The qualified candidate will work with agile teams to facilitate their delivery, remove impediments, and help hold one another accountable to each other and their commitments. They will work within one to two delivery teams, champion the team’s processes, and aim to foster empowerment, collaboration, and team ownership of actions and decisions. They will also provide training, facilitation, and team and one-on-one coaching support to teams as they adjust and mature into their roles on the Agile delivery team. The ideal candidate has expertise with a variety of agile frameworks, including Scrum and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), the ability and flexibility to adapt their coaching stance based on context, scale, and complexity, and a focus on continuously improving our teams and our clients.
This position is located in Washington, DC.
Clearance Required: Secret
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide guidance to project leadership as they develop their approaches, plans and processes to deliver high quality, complex technology solutions. Work directly with project leadership.
- Foster an agile mindset within individuals, teams, and organizations to help them better meet their goals.
- Leverage your understanding of sound Agile and PM practices to lead the deployment of those practices while collaborating and adjusting to specific project situations.
- Observe and understand the context of an organization; combine what you learn with your agile expertise to adapt practices and your coaching stance to promote increasing levels of agility.
- Identify and address project team training needs based upon processes and tools being deployed
- Provide recommendations to improve use, adoption and understanding of the method and enabling tools
- Coach across different stages of an organization’s agile journey, from introductory training and coaching to continuously improving high-performing teams.
- Coach at varying levels of scale, from embedding within a single team to creating cohesion and alignment across an entire organization.
- Coach a variety of individuals, from teaching team members the basics of a framework or practice to improving the leadership capabilities of executives.
- Active Secret Level Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- Deep Agile expertise; you have a strong understanding of servant leadership, the Agile Manifesto’s values and principles, multiple agile frameworks, and agility at scale.
- A high degree of initiative and willingness to readily jump in to support any team, product, portfolio, or organization.
- A high degree of flexibility and ability to tailor agile practices and facilitation style based on the context of the team and organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to excel at team building, one-on-one conversations, and issue resolution.
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly present complex information verbally and visually to team members, management, stakeholders, and executives.
- Strong ability to support the training, mentoring, and coaching of individuals and teams, helping them become better Agilists, team members, and leaders.
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to co-create a vision, reinforce it, and align teams, stakeholders, and an organization around it.
- A relentless drive for continuous improvement.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.