A3 Consulting is looking for a full time Sr. Director of Business Development / Capture who will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, and securing new contracts across Federal Government Agencies. The successful candidate will lead the capture of new business awards through developing teams and solutions responsive to the customer needs, teaming with identified partners of choice, and proposing innovative and compelling solutions to meet customer requirements. The candidate will develop strategies (i.e. win themes; management solutions; technical solutions; teaming; pricing); coordinate corporate resources; subcontractors; assess competition; present gate briefings to executive management; manage bid and proposal activities from bid/no-bid through proposal submission.
- Capture medium to large opportunities in a Small Business and Full & Open market, as well as GWACs/IDIQs vehicles
- Work with executive leadership, account managers, and technical groups to coordinate business development activities
- Leverage established network to actively meet with potential clients, identify new business opportunities, and serve as Capture Manager for identified strategic pursuits
- Interact closely with internal support functions including proposal operations, pricing and contracts, as well as other organizations teams (i.e. HR, Finance, etc.)
- Proactively identify new business opportunities.
- Work with program and management team in call plan development and execution and provide detailed reports on follow-up activities after plan execution.
- Work closely with the executive team on market penetration strategy development.
- Brief BD status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of Government IT services related experience
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across A3.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant BD/strategy/capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions.
- Proven skills in all areas of capture, including assessing win probability and value for opportunity targets, capture strategy and planning, building winning teams and solutions, pricing to win, and capture process schedule adherence
Desired Additional Qualifications:
- Experience in proposal pricing methodologies and strategies
- Experience in managing and contributing to proposal content
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Experience with business development tools (i.e. GovWin) is preferred
- US Citizenship Required with ability to obtain Secret level clearance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
If you are interested in this opportunity or others we have open, please email your resume to email@example.com.