As the team lead for the Documentation and Business Analysis Team, your role will be to supervise a team of technical writers and business analysts and perform day-to-day technical writing and business analysis duties. We are looking for an independent leader, skilled at interacting with the customer, colleagues, and direct reports. We are also seeking an individual contributor skilled at writing technical documentation and performing business analyst duties.
Clearance Required: Secret
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set the tone for your team in terms of attitude, professionalism, work quality, timeliness, innovation, etc.
- Review your team’s work and provide feedback for improvement.
- Mentor more junior team members.
- Regularly provide feedback on each team member’s performance and clearly communicate expectations and strategies for improvement.
- Assist with professional goal-setting and keep your team members on track to meet their goals.
- Plan ahead for what’s coming up for your team, such as impending deadlines, technology changes, or organizational changes that might affect your team.
- Ensure that your team’s services and deliverables meet the customer’s requirements, are delivered on time, and are of the highest quality.
- Work with your team to identify and implement process improvements.
- Set and enforce standards and best practices for your team.
- Keep your team members accountable for delivering quality work and improving their work.
- Look out for, recognize, and reward exceptional performance.
- Determine team work assignments.
- Conduct regular team meetings to coordinate activities, communicate status, discuss process improvements, convey corporate news, etc.
- Perform interviews for new team members and make hiring recommendations.
- Provide input for contract and corporate deliverables, such as status reports, lessons learned, project dashboards, and proposals.
- Interview subject matter experts, facilitate meetings, and use information systems to write installation, end user, administration, and maintenance documentation, such as build guides, quick guides, and online help.
- Write and edit the full lifecycle of documentation for COTS and GOTS information systems, in addition to other documentation deliverables as required by the customer, including all varieties of end user and administrator documentation.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing—often translating complex technical information for nontechnical audiences.
- Schedule, prepare for, facilitate, and summarize the results of meetings, including demos, bug triage, agile ceremonies, and ad hoc meetings. Produce agendas and meeting notes as needed.
- Elicit, document, and refine requirements. Requirements might be captured as user stories, traditional requirements statements (“The system shall…”), and use cases.
- Work with the product owner, developers, and other stakeholders to create high-level design documentation and GUI mockups.
- Manage work items in Azure DevOps by creating and modifying work items, ensuring their quality and consistency, creating and modifying queries, gathering data for reporting purposes, annotating decisions in work items’ history, etc.
- Perform testing to validate existing bug reports and identify new bugs.
- 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience.
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a technical writer or business analyst.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in the IT field.
- Agile experience preferred.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
If you are interested in this opportunity or others we have open, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.