A3 is seeking a personable, highly motivated Systems Engineer to support a government customer to provide knowledge and expertise in this technical role. The successful candidate will work as part of the lab team providing daily operations support. The lab is located at the client site. The team consists of highly skilled engineers and subject matter experts from many different disciplines such as SQL, SharePoint and Exchange, who along with the Task Lead, support several development and testing environments to install products and troubleshoot issues throughout the project lifecycle. Responsible for Tier 3 Production support and after-hours duty phone rotation. Occasional after hours and weekend support as required.
Active Top Secret security clearance required.
This position is located in Springfield, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Perform system and application troubleshooting and take action to fix issues.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase efficiency.
- Liaison with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Adapt quickly to obstacles and changing demands.
- Evaluate systems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- BA/BS Degree in a technology related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with virtualization (e.g., VMware and Hyper-V).
- 3+ years of experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows-based environments.
- 3+ years with fundamental networking including cabling, basic switch management, and troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- A strong foundation in Microsoft operating systems is essential. Familiarity with building from bare metal and configuring and maintaining servers.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, and/or BizTalk.
- Working knowledge of storage solutions.
- Willingness to learn and implement new technologies.
- Windows PowerShell experience preferred.
- Elastic stack experience preferred.
- Source control and automated deployment experience preferred.
- DoS SMART experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
If you are interested in this opportunity or others we have open, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.