A3 Consulting LLC is seeking a talented Senior Hybrid Cloud Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience to support the Department of State’s Global IT Modernization Branch.
A current Secret security clearance is required for consideration. The candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of a hardware infrastructure to support secure, multi-tenancy cloud operations. The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate, and integrate as necessary the technologies required to deliver an IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner.
The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program.
Location: Springfield, VA
- Architect, design, and implement a multi-tenant cloud solution for Overseas Posts using a relevant private and/or hybrid cloud technology.
- Configuration of IaaS solution such as vRealize Automation, running on VMware or equivalent components for an On-Prem Data Center.
- Develop the automation and orchestration for the solution.
- Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives.
- Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers as required.
- Expertise with implementing MS Azure (preferred) or AWS services and infrastructure for a production enterprise environment.
- Expertise with Windows and/or Linux Server configuration and deployment in a secure environment
- Experience with scripting and APIs for automation work.
- Experience migrating workloads to an On-Prem Cloud.
- Experience with On-Prem Virtualization for Networking.
- Knowledge of Linux for RHEL.
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere.
- Secret clearance.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience architecting, designing, and implementing Red Hat OpenStack Platform, or equivalent technology and virtual VMware Compute, Networking, and solutions for Data Center or large enterprises.
- Knowledge of NSX.
- Experience with distributed and shared storage (NetApp preferred).
- Data Protection experience.
- Experience leading system integration projects as the technical lead.
- Department of State Experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
If you are interested in this opportunity or others we have open, please email your resume to email@example.com.