A3 Consulting is looking for a full time Program Manager who will be responsible for corporate oversight, project governance, financial analysis and reporting, and instituting project management and Agile best practices across a portfolio of IT projects supporting a Federal client. The Program Manager will partner closely with corporate leadership (CEO, VPs, and Directors) while guiding mid-level Project Managers and other staff in applying project management leading practices. Responsible for contractual deliverables, managing client relationships, leading program-level review meetings, and identifying and managing both internal and client risks. Provide project visibility and forward-thinking ideas to firm leadership.
Multiple sites primarily in the Greater Washington DC Area and remote. Client locations are Downtown Washington, DC; Quantico, VA; Fort Meade, MD; Boyers, PA.
Active Top Secret Clearance Required
- Apply project management expertise to manage day-to-day operations and challenges of a mid-scale project portfolio (+/- 25 research, evaluation, technical advisory, and software implementation projects).
- Establish and enhance a common set of practices, tools and templates for portfolio, program, and project level management and success measures to ensure these standards are being upheld.
- Perform financial analysis and risk assessments on contracts that range in value up to $15M; buyers are primarily federal agencies but may include state governments, or other entities.
- Establish trust and coaching checkpoint meetings with Project Managers. Identify development needs and address performance priorities via one-on-one coaching. Escalate concerns that threaten portfolio and/or project success.
- Empower Project Managers and program staff through education. Promote lunch and learns, workshops and forums
- Function as an enabler in the organization’s ability to rapidly scale, including structures to support projects of increasing complexity. Coordinate with peers/other Program Managers for ideas on delivering resources, methodologies, tools, and guidance that result in quality, high-impact work, and financial success.
- Lead cross-functional working groups to meet program and organizational objectives; facilitate working sessions to isolate, strategize, and resolve impediments to project success.
- Contribute to PMO efforts to identify/adopt new technology to streamline data collection, reporting, and project visibility to Leadership.
- BA/BS degree
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) – Required
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience overall, management/technology consulting preferred; with at least three years successful experience as a direct project manager – ideally within an enterprise PMO.
- Strong proficiency with Federal Government (cost-plus-fixed-fee, T&M, and fixed price) contracts; exposure to Shipley/GovCon capture, proposal development, and other business development would be helpful.
- Experience in managing and analyzing internal project P&L (finance/accounting and conducting project risk assessments is mandatory for consideration.
- A high comfort level interacting with and presenting to all levels of audiences (executive management and staff); experience developing team building exercises (e.g., lunch and learns, workshops).
- Well-versed in project management methodologies; experience introducing/training program staff on methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Technical competence with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), and Microsoft Project. Data visualization & business analytics software a plus.
- A self-starter with strong collaborative leadership skills.
- Proactive and emotionally intelligence communication skills, both verbal and written; the ability to express complex ideas clearly, adjusting to audience, method, forum, etc.
- A patient, respectful demeanor; discuss performance issues with PMs in a non-threatening way.
- A talent for turning inefficiencies into opportunities for improvement and driving change.
- Excellent people skills with a customer service oriented approach; interacts effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Able to balance/manage multiple concurrent tasks and competing priorities
- Government contracting: 5+ years (Preferred)
- Non-IT project management: 10+ years (Required)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
If you are interested in this opportunity or others we have open, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.