A3 is seeking a highly motivated individual to support our Business Development and Capture functions. The ideal candidate will excel at strategic planning, writing, and managing complex projects. This role provides visibility to upper management, and requires excellent attention to detail, and organization skills.
This position is located in Silver Spring, MD.
- Assist the Business Development Lead(s) with the development and maintenance of proposal management tools / templates by analyzing RFPs and helping to determine appropriate response formats.
- Properly interpreting solicitation requirements governing document organization and production.
- Support the management of the pursuit process, from orchestrating development of deliverables to coordinating our teams’ pursuit activities.
- Write persuasively, including executive summaries and other critical components of deliverables, interpreting information from research profiles, meetings with proposal team members, client meetings, and understanding of the business and A3’s capabilities.
- Provide accurate and timely communications regarding document status, proposal team meetings and formal reviews.
- Create, format, and/or edit PowerPoint presentations and written material – ensuring correct grammar and technical detail.
- Set-up and coordinate internal and external meetings and conference calls with teammates, potential clients.
- Update and track business opportunities and proposal priorities in CRM databases and calendars.
- Assist with managing and organizing Google Drive folders and files.
- Help manage proposal data calls, kick-off materials, and outlines.
- Acts as a point of contact for data call communications – internally for data call response coordination and externally for communication with Prime/Sub contractors – and manages data call activity, ensuring information is complete and deadlines are met.
- Research and mine internal and external sources for related content to collate and tailor into first draft proposal responses.
- Assist project teams in the preparation of deliverables to ensure consistency of corporate image.
- Maintain project information sheets, personnel resumes and certifications.
- Ensure proper business development and contract procedures are followed.
- Maintain and enhance the proposal resource library, proposal formatting, proposal writing, and input on marketing materials.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Work with program and management team in call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow-up activities after plan execution.
- Schedule and attend client meetings to ascertain clients’ needs by applying your marketing knowledge to help determine the best resource for their specifications.
- Partner with A3’s recruiting team to identify top talent through the candidate interview and screening process.
- Brief BD status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, proposal reviews.
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree with preferred concentration in Marketing, Communications, Business or other related discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience, government or federal contractor experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to write in a clear, organized and concise manner
- Excellent skills with MS Office Suite (especially Word and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Organizational skills for research, collecting and collating information, and tailoring written content to meet prescribed requirements
- Strong analytic and creative problem-solving skills
- Must be driven and energetic, and a team player able to work independently and as part of team, managing multiple deadline-driven projects at one time.
- Must be willing and able to “go the extra mile” in order to meet hard deadlines
- Must be eligible to obtain a security clearance
- Working knowledge or background in IT or cyber-security is preferred, but may be substituted by a demonstrated self-starter who is comfortable researching, learning, and writing about IT or cyber-security topics, trends, and best practices
- Proposal coordination
- Experience working with Government Services IT and/or intelligence and analysis proposal development (required for mid-level)
- Experience working with CRM tools for business development needs
- Familiarity with Shipley process
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
A3 offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a team-based company culture. A3 is devoted to people development and providing the opportunity for high achievers to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a company culture that is focused on bringing out the best in everyone.
If you are interested in this opportunity or others we have open, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.